Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Zooey Deschanel. She & Him.



Zooey Claire Deschanel born January 17th, 1980 is an American actress, musician and singer-songwriter. She has been one of my silent-personal-stylist with her sense of style. She has mastered the art of wearing vintage and still managed to make the outfit look totally fresh and modern. Very feminine and always quirky as seen from her dressings in her performances and of course......in her latest movie - Yes Man!

Zooey is not only a style icon but she is also an engaging performer with a warm, lilting voice, and a real flair for songwriting. Her debut album Volume One, shows a collection of impressively hummable country-tinged pop made with indie-folky, M. Ward, in her vintage country-pop duo She & Him. Her album was released in March 2008 and yeah....I just came across her songs on youtube.com and....am loving her quirky voice in those songs. To me...she is not just a pretty face but also a singer with a good voice. 

Anyways, I've included in some pictures of her-stylish-self and a song from her album. I would say....her songs inspire me in being creative vintage-ly. So, if you need some ideas on vintage clothings, give her album a try. It works for me!! =)

An article I found regarding an interview on her album.
Miss Deschanel and indie-folk star M Ward.

This is how she dresses for her performances.
Some scenes from Yes Man.


No comments: