Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Shopaholic freak


I am such a shopaholic freak when there are sales and when I see extremely unique clothing that attracts my eyes. There are so many clothes that I want to buy. I promised 'the boyfriend' that I will stop shopping until my next semester break. How ironic right!? I can never step into shopping malls with a load of cash in my hands because I would buy whatever I like without even thinking. Sometimes I think I have bipolar disease (in shopping sense of course =S).

A simple question that I always ask myself.....

MIND OR APPEARANCE???

Do you want to be a beauty with brains or only a beauty?? What is the point of having the best fashion sense? What benefit do you get with all the fancy clothes? 'The boyfriend' always ask me this question. Hoping one day that I would realize that all these are just a waste of money. He kept telling and assuring me that if I do not get that something now, in the future, there will be much nicer ones compared to the current one. Well, stubborn as a donkey, I just wouldn't listen and insist on buying the clothes that I want.

I even ask myself whether am I studying the right course? I used to think of venturing into fashion designing but my family wouldn't allow me because they think that it is not a professional career and it is difficult to earn especially in the Malaysian industry. Well, without further questions, I gave it up and started thinking about medical or accounting. Alas, I chose accounting and that is what I am doing now. Professional course as it is; every field of work needs hard work, intelligence and creativity. Hmmm....I am a lefty and most people said that lefties are creative. ROFL I definitely do not see myself as one even though I use my right brain to think compared to the normality of left brain thinking.

I am sure he is very disappointed that I have this impulsive buying attitude. Gosh....got it all after my holidays to London and Paris. GOTCHA!! The known fashion cities in the world. Strolled Champs-Élysées and Avenue Montaigne and the busy Oxford and Regent Streets. Ended up with bags of Louis Vuitton and Dolce & Gabbana. I am such a failure when it comes to controlling my spending on items that I cannot resist. Now, at this very moment, my head is spinning and spinning, thinking about the clothes that I want to buy. I think I need a therapy!!!


"FASHION COME AND GO BUT,
STYLE IS FOREVER."
quote by Yves Saint Laurent





p/s: there is something i want to tell you but i am afraid that you might get mad at me. sleep tight hunny-bun

No comments: