Friday, July 25, 2008

Determination


Have you ever vowed to yourself or make resolutions every beginning of a new year? Well, I had made vows and promises or whatever-you-call-them but I can't seem to find myself to keep to them. Why?? I seriously have no idea at all. I told myself that I must must must study hard and score but everytime when a new semester begins, I start to slack off too. When I promised 'the boyfriend' gazillion years ago that the dress would be my final purchase and vowed to stop shopping for awhile, I couldn't stop! I see new clothes....I go haywire!! I am a compulsive buyer plus a demanding one. When I shop, I must get what I want. Yeah....stubborn and demanding. Actually, that applies to everything that I do. It is all about getting what I want and not letting anything comes in the way. Sighs.... Unfortunately, the thing that I do not have is DETERMINATION!!! I have broken so many promises.....hmmmm.....let's see...(counting with fingers and toes, then calculator, KA-BAMMM!!!!)
Even calculator also explode when I try to count back on those broken promises. Definitely no help at all. What is determination??


"Self-determination is defined as free choice of one's own acts without compulsion."
Source : Wikipedia.com





"Determination is the wake-up call to the human will."
Anthony (Tony) Robbins

No comments: