Monday, February 2, 2009

Chinese New Year 09. Part and Parcel 1.

"The boyfriend" claims that I am turning into some celebrity blogger with all the updates on fashion and styles...hmmmm....I can't not agree with him as I feel that this blog is losing our touch.....FAST!!! Therefore, got to update a little bit on the part and parcel of what we did during CNY.
Same old same old I would say....The tradition would be first day with paternal side and second day with maternal side. Warnings first....we don't have much pictures to show because "the boyfriend" only gave me this few pictures. I guess he'll be updating on the rest. Since 2 years ago, we, the siblings always keep our theme the same for the first day which is always traditional chinese clothes or we will have the same theme-color like red for example. Since my bro was able to find that authentic red chinese traditional men top, so we sisters decided to wear qipao or cheongsam. Well, I got mine tailor-made when I was in London so it explains the tight-fittings of the cheongsam on me. Oooh....it also has dragons and phoenix on it.

The cheongsam is a body-hugging-one-piece Chinese dress for women and the male version is the changshan. The stylish and often-tight-fitting cheongsam of qipao was created in the 1920s in Shanghai and was made fashionable by socialites and upperclass women.
Source: Wikipedia

As usual for bloggers like me....we would have to camwhore in our best poses and show to the world our so-called-exquisite-one-of-a-kind dress LOL!! Hmmm....but I am not going to write down the details on where I got the things from though...I feel that too many female bloggers are doing that already. Got to be unique!! Heee....no offence to the other bloggers =)

Here are the crazy monkeys.....




We got to have that doll-moment in us sometimes.

While browsing around, I found this picture.....Hmmmm....I think I am starting to fall in love with qipao already....

Paris Hilton in a traditional qipao designed by Lu Kun.

p/s: More updates yet to come =)

No comments: