Friday, August 8, 2008

Big Apple Donuts & Coffee



Big Apple Donuts & Coffee is a homegrown Malaysian brand and can be compared to the international premium donut and coffee, J.Co Donuts & Coffee. My personal opinion?? Although the both of these brands can never be compared to Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, my first ever taste of doughnuts from Harrods, I would say...I prefer Big Apple Donuts because I find them less sweeter compared to J.Co Donuts. Nonetheless, both brands offer the best doughnuts in Malaysia and attract dozens of customers daily with their freshly baked doughnuts. Yummy...Yummy....

Today, the 8th of August, 2008; Big Apple Donuts & Coffee opened their 20th golden outlet in Dataran Pahlawan, Melaka. It is easily located as the outlet is situated at the main entrance of the shopping mall just directly opposite Zen. Since today is their opening ceremony, the first 150 customers get to take back a pack of half a dozen doughnuts for FREE!! Well, that is IF you have the cut-out coupon from The Star newspaper. Lucky for me......my sister cut out the coupon and the 3 siblings head on down to the newly opened Big Apple Donuts outlet at about 3 something since the official opening is at 4.30pm. The mission.......to avoid long queue and be among the first 150 customers to get the free half a dozen box of doughnuts. Fortunately, we got there in time....and....we were lucky number 39....hahaha....at least we got what we wanted!!! There were loads of people queuing up for the free box of doughnuts....from teenage children to middle-aged men and women.

I caught a glimpse of the staffs dipping doughnuts into melted chocolate, strawberry, sprinkled with crushed oreos.....They gave me a sheer heavenly feeling because.....their decorating station is sooo well-equipped I wish I had that in my own home so, I could easily decorate my cupcakes without much fuss =S Anyways, the ambience of the outlet is idyllic and you could choose to laze in one of their vertebrae-friendly chairs, while you savor every bite of their toothsome and tantalising doughnuts. Don't forget to add a cup of sexy illy coffee =)

I did not have 'the boyfriend's' brick-camera with me...so, I wasted no time in using the best of technology...the camera-phone to capture the anticipating moment. Enjoy!!


*the queue inside before 4pm*

*the increasing crowd after 4pm*
*the queue all the way outside*
*the open-kitchen concept*
*dipping of the doughnuts into oreos*
*look at all the wonderful colors of melted chocolate I could use*
*the gleaming counters*
*their first customer of the day*
*the students gushing in for their FREE stuffs*

In the end, the 3 siblings got home with the biggest smile on their faces; enjoying the free doughnuts =) Well, the cam-whores disappeared in us....that would explain why there weren't any photos of us posing with the doughnuts or even the box...heeeeee


HAVE A NICE WEEKEND FOLKS!!!

No comments: