Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Heart of Greed

Hmmmm....today is the 3rd day of my new week in uni. Well, assignment groups are sort of settled except for probably 2 more subjects. Hopefully I don't have to frus about finding groups. Since it is still the first week, I am still relaxing and taking my time to watch television before I am off to war. Finally!!! I finished my HongKong TVB drama series titled 'Heart of Greed'.
This series has 40 episodes and I started watching it since last week. Yeapz....it took me about 2 weeks to finish this up. To some it may be boring because you know how HK series might be....they could be quite cheesy at times but this one is different. I am typing this while listening to the song...By the way, I put it in marnjenn's player the 2 songs that had been playing in my mind. Whenever I listen to them, it reminds me of the series and the sadness and happiness.

'Heart of Greed' is a series on family, friendship and love. On family part, this guy has 4 children and 2 wives. When I watch this family of 9 members, I sometimes wished that I am the daughter. I love how the family bonds and believes and trusts each other. Even in the end, they still stick to each other and make sure that their family bond will never break even though their parents had passed away. I learned that no matter what happens, your family is the closest thing to you. This series also taught me how money can mould a person's behavior. How a person would do anything just to have a big amount of money....that is just human character I presume. A greedy person will never benefit anything at the end of the day.
This song "My Love Will Get You Home" reminds me of the relationship of a girl and 2 guys in this series. Boys will always be boys. She was cheated by the guy and he was her first love.....cheated by her best friend who went out with her boyfriend behind her back. I totally understand how she was feeling at that moment. Seeing her cry made me teary too. Besides that, she has this guardian angel beside her. This is the eldest son of that rich family. Actually, he secretly likes her but knowing that she likes that first love, he helped her unconditionally and was there for her when she was sad and happy. I used to have that guardian angel who watches over me in whatever I did. Without him, I wouldn't have got the experiences and learned from my mistakes.
Hmmm.....love relationship is very complicated not just in this series but also in real life. I found one part very sweet was when the girl learned how to play the song Vincent by Don McLean using saxophone to suprise her first love on his birthday. So now whenever I listen to Vincent (starry starry night), I would think of him and her. She was angry of him for 2 years plus because he cheated on her but during these 2 years he had been writing down his feelings and printed them out hoping one day she will be able to read them. He was there for her all the time hoping that she would forgive him. When she finally wanted to forgive him and sent an email to him, he got into an accident and died. The touching part was when he got out of the crashed car bleeding, he went back into the overturned car to look for his phone to call her. Since he couldn't find his mobile, he walked to a nearby phone booth to call her. Then, he died in the phone booth. Yeah...though it may sound cheesy to some people but when I was watching the series, I couldn't stop crying. I find the story very very touching, be it love, friends or family wise.
I don't know why but it was as though I understand how the girl was feeling. I could watch this series all over again. I find the story line very touching and meaningful to me. Hmmmm.....

Hahaha....enough of blabbing lar.....I was happy with the ending of that series and I found 2 songs that reminds me so much about the story. Better go off to bed now. Another new day tomorrow.


Missing you miamour.

No comments: