Monday, April 20, 2009

Phuket Day 1.

On April 9th, 2009, the lovebirds went on a trip to Phuket, Thailand. Many thanks to TiC for giving me such a pleasant and wonderful trip especially in an award-winning hotel some more....You know how they usually say not to believe in anything that sounds too attractive??I literally fainted when I searched online for the hotel that I would be putting my nights in...Too gorgeous to be true okay??If you see it also you won't believe you get it for free lor...RM1,000++ per night okay??The boyfriend some more told me don't put such high expectations...Wait kena tipu also don't know...

Anyways, we boarded the earliest flight which was 7.25am...which means both of us had insufficient sleep.....also means that it's easier to spot us....Tu!!Those 2 panda-eyed are the MarnJenn....Something like that lar....Hence, that would explain why as you scroll down you will not see any pictures of the hyped-overly-excited-crazy-duo jumping up and down camwhoring with the AirAsia plane or tripping walking up the stairs....This is a blog okay??Cannot risk such unsightly pictures being published!!

Back to my story.....the flight took about 1 hour 25mins and we reached Phuket International Airport safe and sound...Took our luggage, walked out the departure area and searched for a human being with an Indigo Pearl sign....Checked my name and waited for our limo to arrive hahaha....That's when the boyfriend gave me the don't-get-too-excited-just-yet-cuz-it-might-be-fake look...Instead, this black, lavish-well-polished black MPV came...I think it was a Toyota....Anyways, we were seated in this huge, black leather seats.....given icy, cold towels to freshen ourselves from the took-forever-to-reach flight and also bottled Indigo Pearl water to quench our thirsts...Call me jakun but after all my experiences in 5-star hotels, this is my first to see a hotel with their own label of bottled water okay??

Reached the hotel in 5 mins..So darn near the airport lor...My excitement only lasted that long from looking out the window lor....Then, the usual check-in procedure bla bla bla.....chauffered to our room....This is where the fun began.....The receptionist opened the door...and VOILA!!!I was silent-screaming in SHOCK-ness!!!But...cannot show or else she'll think we're jakuns...So terpaksa act posh...After we got our privacy which felt like forever....we raided the room!!A king-size bed with such big, fluffy pillows to suffocate you when you sleep, 2 balconies!!!Okay...I only stayed in cities 5-star hotels..NOT resorts..so, first time got 2 balconies.....Lovely bathroom and a damn big bath-tub for you to drown in some more!!!Oooh....my first time that a hotel actually provides you bottled waters....4 of them...2 at the minibar and 2 at the washing-face sinks....no charge BTW!!Have I mentioned they also have this aromatherapy oil burning in the room for a soothing and relaxing feeling??Three words......I LOVE IT!!!!

Okay okay.....show you the pictures of our room from our view....you can check for Pearl Bed Suite from Indigo Pearl site....

This is our lovely bed...behind that is the walk-in wardrobe which is on the right when you come in from the door. Minibar is on the left from the door.
This is the relax area while reading/sipping tea/watching tele...Ignore the posing...I thought the boyfriend was shooting our picture @_@
My makeup area...a big mirror and a small, round one to count the number of pores and wrinkles on your face.
Got to love the shower!!!It's like showering under a rain-thunderstorm. That 2 hanging bags are our extremely large towels usable for 2 to 3 stick-thin persons. 
The toilet where you can chat away on the phone while doing your business...That's not the main point I show this picture lar....The thingy where you put your tissue....It's like a screw where you have to turn it out to change the tissue roll...I thought it was unique cuz look like screw lor....
The him&her sinks.....What's special here is the tissue box thingy there....embedded nuts and screws....No??
My gi-normous bathtub...mind the pillows on the floor...It was raining so terpaksa save the pillows...did I mention that the sofas at the balconies are made for rain??They seemed to be fine and dried up damn fast after so much showers.
See....the bathtub so big till I can sleep inside lor....Mana tak drown??
Just a picture of the bedroom...hahaha ignore the messy bed...we took this picture after we jumped-in-joy on the bed =p

Basically, we did nothing on the first day. It was raining heavily outside right after we had lunch. So, stayed indoors lor....But still nice hahaah....Anyways, the beach is just behind the hotel. Quite a few restaurants but...pricey because this area is kind of high-class plus not commercialized. So, no competition in setting prices. Which also means that...the beach only has people who stays in this hotel...Secluded kan??Or is it private??

Owh....for lunch I had pad thai (glass noodles fried in thai style) and tom yam kung...the boyfriend had rice with some chicken chilli thingy...Can't remember what it's called.. Not too bad for the first meal lar...

Looks like very nice right??It was okay for me...2 out of 5??The taste isn't genuine enough but the soup was full of ingredients lar..So it's worth the price heee.....
The boyfriend's chicken chilli something something hhaha
There...my first pad thai of the first day of my first time in Phuket....

Like I said it was raining....so we headed back to our room and waited for dinner.......Basically, all the non-hotel dining places are by the beach which is right behind the hotel...So, we searched for din-din there too...We had pineapple rice, tom yum pork, and pad thai AGAIN at Octopus Rest!!Nice place to dine....Food was good too....Okay..I had pad thai again because I was searching for the genuine pad thai flavor. The owner of this rest was kind enough to explain to me how to cook the genuine one...Unfortunately, they altered the original flavor and ingredients used to cater for English tourists....So, not too-genuine pad thai I had again.....But it was slightly different from the one I had for lunch...Lunch's pad thai was tomato-ey but the din-din's pad thai was close enough to the genuine one I tasted long ago in London....


Sprite in Thai language....I didn't know they still serve those vintage-glass-bottled sodas...Me likey =D
What's a post without the blogger having a vintage Sprite tasting right??
My 2nd pad thai of the day...Different right??These Thais thought they could fool me...HMPH!!!

What's the meaning of this post without more camwhore pictures of the bloggers right??haahahah......

The bedroom balcony overlooking the hotel's bar - Rebar
The bathroom's balcony....Aweksome!!
Dayumm....don't yellow lightings make your skin looks flawless and not so oily??

More updates coming soon......



Till then........

2 comments:

Pepybomb said...

OMG!!! envy envy envy!!

Jenn ur trip seems so interesting! The resort's room itself is already a killer.

Update quick!

smetchedm*j said...

Hahaha...yeah I knoe...I got a shock as well...Hmmm...worth entering the contest..

Yeapz will update soon as I get my hands on the pics...but those are more cam-whorish lar...hahaha